SEO Recovery & Prevention Services
Recover Your Websites Rankings in Google’s Search Results
Google algorithm updates are designed to provide internet searchers with better quality and more refined results to their search queries when using the search engine. Unfortunately algorithm changes also bring about a decline in search engine ranking for a large number of websites which are deemed either spammy or low-quality in comparison to other websites which are natural and of high-quality.
Our SEO recovery services are perfect for any business that has noticed a decline in sales/leads since a penalty hit their website. If you are looking to recover your rankings, please read on to learn more about what algorithms there are and what you can do about them.
- What Algorithms Are There?
- Which Algorithm Has Impacted My Website?
- Why Have My Rankings Declined?
- What Can I Do To Recover My Rankings?
- Ive Recovered from a Penalty, What’s Next?
- Our Post Recovery SEO Services
What Algorithms Are There?
There are a number of algorithms which can have a negative impact on your websites rankings in Google’s search results, the main 3 being Google Panda, Google Penguin and a Manual Penalty. There are other algorithms which can also have a negative impact on rankings; however these are normally much more focused on particular search queries such as “Payday Loans” which tend to be heavily spammed. The updates you should be mainly aware of currently are:
- Google Panda
- Google Penguin
- Google Hummingbird
- Google Top Heavy
- “Payday Loan” Update
- DMCA Penalty
- EMD Update
- Manual Penalty
Each penalty has its own unique SEO recovery strategy, which is why it is important you are able to identify the algorithm which has impacted your websites rankings.
Which Algorithm Has Impacted My Website?
Before you can recover your websites SEO positioning, you must first understand which penalty you have received. The best way to identify what penalty you have been impacted by is by checking the latest news in the SEO industry for any algorithm changes and should there be a particular date your traffic dropped and an update rolled out, then chances are that is the penalty you were affected by.
If your website has already been hit by a penalty and this was a while ago, we have included the date of every update on the relevant penalty recovery page so you can cross-reference the date of your websites decline to these dates.
Why Have My Rankings Declined?
There are many reasons why your website may decline, which solely depend on the algorithm which has hit your website. Some examples of why your websites rankings may have declined are:
- If you have been linking from a large number of low-quality websites using your main keywords in the anchor text, your website may have been impacted by Google Penguin. This is because link spamming is deemed as a black-hat technique which is against Google’s quality guidelines.
- If your website contains a large amount of duplicate content, whether intentional or accidental, then your website may have been impacted by Google Panda. This is because Google prefer to only provide one website with a piece of content as opposed to multiple, which is against Google’s Quality Guidelines.
- If your website contains a large number of adverts at the top of your website with the intention to make money when clicked on, your website may have been hit by Google’s Top Heavy update. This is because Google prefer to provide the answer straight away to the search query as opposed to having to scroll down a page before they can find the answer.
Most of the time, a website owner may not have intentionally violated Google’s quality guidelines; however, this is why SEO exists, to ensure a website provides the best answer to a search query for Google to rank the website better than other sites. This means Google’s quality guidelines should be worked to at all times, so any future algorithm updates do not impact rankings and should any methods that currently work become known for causing penalties, they should be avoided to prevent any future penalties.
What Can I Do To Recover My Rankings?
There are a number of options depending on the algorithm you have been impacted by; however these options take both time and effort to achieve the best result. This is where we come in.
Recovery SEO has assisted a number of websites with their penalty issues and worked hard to return each websites rankings back to where they originally were. We are able to do this due to the time and effort we have put into researching each of the algorithm updates to identify fixes which can rectify a websites SEO positioning. This has involved intentionally having websites penalised by each penalty and then returning the rankings back to their original status.
Unfortunately, we cannot make any promises that we can return your websites rankings to where it was originally positioned, just like an SEO company should not promise to get your website onto page 1. We can, however, do our utmost to improve your current rankings as much as possible, and sometimes even further depending on the result of the work we carry.
To receive a quote for Recovery SEO to recover your SEO positioning, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form above. The more information you provide about your circumstances will help us provide you a more accurate quote.
I’ve Recovered from a Penalty, What’s Next?
Great! You’ve managed to do what a lot of website owners haven’t or what a lot of SEO’s deem impossible. The next thing you will need is patience, as getting your rankings back to how they were won’t come instantly.
There are many SEO companies that provide ethical SEO services (such as ourselves) that will promote your website online using only white hat SEO techniques, as opposed to grey hat SEO and black hat SEO techniques. It is important that this time you stick by the rules at all times as it is now your responsibility to prove to Google that you are trustworthy and will not go against the webmaster guidelines ever again.
There are a number of things you can do to help improve the chances of your website improving, these are:
- Become Socially Active – Although it is still yet to be confirmed by Google, it is speculated that social signals DO play a part in SEO, which is why it is a good idea to be active wherever you can with websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube.
- Link Minimally – Link from only websites that you truly believe are for getting new visitors to your website, not for improving your rankings. You don’t want to overdo the linking to your website else you could potentially lead to another penalty, so link responsibility.
- Improve Your Website Experience – Work on improving the experience your visitors have on your website wherever possible. There is a reason you want people visiting your website, so if there is anything you can do to improve that experience then now is the time to do so.
- Be Patient – You may have recovered from the penalty, but that doesn’t mean you are going to recover all of your rankings. It can be difficult as it may be months before you start to receive regular traffic to your website, but it’s worth it in the end.
Our Post Recovery SEO Services
Alongside our SEO recovery and prevention services, we provide a range of ethical SEO services for any business whether previously penalised or just looking to rank in Google. Our SEO services comply with Google’s quality guidelines so you can rest assured knowing any SEO techniques carried out by our team of SEO professionals are unlikely to result in a penalty for your website. We are frequently checking for any new changes in Google’s guidelines to ensure no techniques used are in violation of Google’s quality guidelines.
Recovering your rankings is only one part of the SEO puzzle, which is why our SEO services are available to help your website retain it’s positioning in the search results. Regardless of algorithm changes and manual penalties, websites will decline in Google’s search results if a regular effort is not made, which is why it is vital any company that considers SEO a large part of its marketing should hire an SEO company to ensure its rankings do not decline.
To give your website the best possible chance of ranking and retaining its positioning, our SEO services cover the following areas:
- Keyword Analysis
- Benchmark Ranking Report
- Onsite & Offsite SEO Analysis
- Onsite Optimisation
- Page Titles
- Content Optimisation
- Internal Linking
- Image Optimisation
- Video Optimisation
- Fix Onsite SEO Issues
- Offsite Optimisation
- Social Media
- External Linking
- Fix Offsite SEO Issues
- Monthly Ranking Report
- Google Webmasters Installation & Monitoring
- Google Analytics Installation, Monitoring & Reporting
To enquire about our SEO services, contact us on 01254 267 364 or email us at email@example.com and we will discuss with you what options you have available. As an professional SEO company, we will do whatever it takes to get your website back to where it once was, but this time will be done the ethical way.